Friday, November 22, 2013

Madison

Chuck's flash fiction challenge this week is "200 words at a time." I came in at 205 words:

***

"I took control of this broadcasting site for one reason and one reason only."

"What is that reason, Madison?"

"So the people can see and hear the truth."

 "Truth? You mean what you have convinced yourself of."

I laughed, "That's the problem with you people. You wouldn't know the truth if it landed on your shoulder and soiled your pretty suit."

He smirked and opened his mouth to tell more of the lies they had been saying about my brother for years. I wouldn't tolerate any more lies. My family and I suffered too much already and this would be my final act of defiance. I chambered a round and that unmistakable sound echoed in my ears. It wasn't the first time I'd heard that sound, but I suspect it will be one of the last. The government lackey clamped his mouth shut when he heard the sound. He motioned toward a seat in front of the camera. I placed the weapon across my knees and spoke when pointed towards me.

"My name is Madison. You all know the stories about my brother. Even though this story will likely end with my death, you have the right to hear it from the beginning."

No comments:

Post a Comment